2015 Film Scoring Submissions are OPEN
Final submission deadline is April 1st.
How to submit for The 2015 International Horror Hotel:
1) Download trailer on Vimeo at https://vimeo.com/108865542
2) Score entire trailer / Download registration form at www.horrorhotel.net/scoringreg.doc
3) Pay registration fee and submit playable DVD (or send a private video link to firstname.lastname@example.org) with score & trailer combined before competition deadline.
Sony will be giving away copies of their audio editing software Sound Forge to the top three winners.
Award-winning Sound Forge digital audio editing software includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects for manipulating audio. Sound Forge software allows you to edit, record, encode, and master nearly any form of digital audio including WAV, AIFF, and MP3. Whether you're new to editing audio or you're a seasoned audio engineer, there is a Sound Forge product that is right for you.
The 1st place winner will receive Audio Master Suite (valued at $599.95) - Sound Forge™ Pro 11 and SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 are the most advanced waveform and spectral editing applications available today. Each with its own unique genius, they work seamlessly together to form a colossal editing system offering extraordinary and immediate gains for audio professionals everywhere.
The 2nd place winner will recieve Sound Forge Pro 11 (valued at $399.95) - Acclaimed for its power, stability, and exceptional workflow, Sound Forge Pro is the best way to get from raw audio to a finished master. Expertly record, edit, and analyze audio, produce samples and music loops, digitize and restore old recordings, design sound for multimedia and video, and master replication-ready audio CDs.
The 3rd place winner will receive Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 - Sound Forge™ Audio Studio software is the easiest way to work with music and sound on your home computer. Record almost anything. Give your tracks presence and sparkle. Digitize rare LP records and tapes, create your own karaoke tracks, burn CDs, and generate files for the Web and all your favorite portable players.
Special awards to the film scorers who attend the event!
For mail reg send Check or MO (payable to The Indie Gathering) for the proper amount along with DVD and registration
The Top 10 of 2014
1. Roza Bidar
2. Darshan Shah
3. Ramin Bidar / Benham Bahram
4. Javier Tavares
5. Paolo Granata
6. Raul Carreria
8. Alyson Whitman
9. Jonathan Michaels
10. Cierra C.
1) Submitting early ensures a review process that will let you know if you need to resubmit your clip.
Resubmissions will not incur a separate registration fee. Files will be mailed on DVD or sent via e-mail submission to email@example.com.
2) Entries are to be completed by ONE composer. We no longer accept team submissions.
3) Every composer can only submit one score for consideration.
4) Score material must be original and submitter must own all rights to the piece of music.
Composer bears responsibility for any liabilities arising from copyright infringement.
5) Competitors are not to contact the filmmaker or production company responsible for the competition trailer while submissions are open.
6) Winners will be announced during The Horror Hotel event in Cleveland, OH.
7) This event is open to the public.
8) Any entries that are found to violate copyrights, contain offensive material, and/or do not abide to
the timing rules and other guidelines will be disqualified from the competition.
9) Judging will be blind in all categories.
10) All composers are invited to participate regardless of musical background. International participation
is also encouraged.
11) Once submitted, there are no refunds; however, a composer may still withdraw his/her
composition from the competition.
12) Entering the competition does not guarantee you any award or placement. Only entries that reach a specific score in judging qualify for an award.
Mail Reg. Form with check/MO (or pay online) and DVD to:
The Indie Gathering
5009 Storer Ave. #3
Cleveland, OH 44102