2016 Submissions Now Open
The Top 10 of 2015
1. Marco Rosetti
2. Michael Jones
3. Alison Dukes
4. Cory Adams
5. Raul Carreira
6. Jonathan Michaels
7. Tiffany Layton
8. Lucio Berardi
9. Matthias Stuber
10. Danny Harrison
How to submit for The 2016 International Horror Hotel:
1) Download trailer on Vimeo at https://vimeo.com/138804731
2) Score entire trailer / Download registration form at www.horrorhotel.net/scoringreg.doc
3) Pay registration fee and submit playable DVD (or send a private video link to email@example.com) with score & trailer combined no later than April 1st.
Sony will be giving away software to the 1st place winner.
The 1st place winner will receive Audio Master Suite and Catalyst Production Suite, a combined value of $1,000.
Audio Master Suite - Sound Forge™ Pro 11 and SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 are the most advanced waveform and spectral editing applications available today. Each with its own unique genius, they work seamlessly together to form a colossal editing system offering extraordinary and immediate gains for audio professionals everywhere.
Award-winning Sound Forge digital audio editing software includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects for manipulating audio. Sound Forge software allows you to edit, record, encode, and master nearly any form of digital audio including WAV, AIFF, and MP3. Whether you're new to editing audio or you're a seasoned audio engineer, there is a Sound Forge product that is right for you.
Catalyst Production Suite - The Catalyst Production Suite fuses powerful media preparation and fast, focused video editing to provide the backbone for your video productions. Catalyst Prepare paves your path from camera to post with robust organizational tools, strong color adjustment and monitoring, extensive metadata support, and more. Catalyst Edit provides a lean, focused video editing environment that makes your cutting process fast and fluent. With support for 4K and Sony RAW media, the Catalyst Production Suite gives you the power to make the most of your camera's high dynamic range and wide color gamut as well as the stunning resolution of 4K from beginning to end.
Special awards to the winning film scorers who attend the event! Non-attendees will be e-mailed certificates after the festival.
1) Submitting early ensures a review process that will let you know if you need to resubmit your clip.
Resubmissions will not incur a separate registration fee. Files will be mailed on DVD or sent via e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Entries are to be completed by ONE composer. We no longer accept team submissions.
3) Every composer can only submit one score for consideration.
4) Score material must be original and submitter must own all rights to the piece of music.
Composer bears responsibility for any liabilities arising from copyright infringement.
5) Competitors are not to contact the filmmaker or production company responsible for the competition trailer while submissions are open.
6) Winners will be announced before the festival.
7) This event is open to the public.
8) Any entries that are found to violate copyrights, contain offensive material, and/or do not abide to
the timing rules and other guidelines will be disqualified from the competition.
9) Judging will be blind in all categories.
10) All composers are invited to participate regardless of musical background. International participation
is also encouraged.
11) Once submitted, there are no refunds; however, a composer may still withdraw his/her
composition from the competition.
12) Entering the competition does not guarantee you any award or placement. Only entries that reach a specific score in judging qualify for an award.